Punta Couso is located at the end of the the Peninsula de Morrazo.
Possible points of interest to visit or for excursions:
- Santiago de Compostela (aprox. 1.45 h. by car, bus and train or walk)
- The Islands Cies and Ons of the national parks of the Atlantic Islands by boat from Vigo, Cangas or Bueu
- Cabo Home with 3 lighthouses and the beautiful beach Melide (the southern point of the Morrazo Peninsula) 20 min. by car or a 2 hours walk along the coast
- Monte Facho, excavations of a Romano-Celtic shrine (just before Cabo Home, 20 min. by car and 15 min. walk uphill, spectacular views)
- The Cruceiro of Hío, 10 min. drive. The most beautiful cruceiro of Galicia
- Santa Tecla, La Guardia: petroglyphs, excavation of a Celtic village, spectacular views of the Atlantic coast, the river Minho and Portugal (1.15 min drive, beautiful road between Bayona and la Guardia)
- Valença (Portugal): historic fortress-town, in front of Tuy, in Galicia, separated by the river Minho, on the Spanish-Portuguese border
- Spas in Bayona, Caldas del Rey, Mondariz, etc. and hot springs in the countryside in Ourense and many more places in Galicia and on the border with Portugal
Apart from beaches within walking distance from the center there are 30 beaches in the Morrazo Peninsula.
The nearest are Brava Area, Nerga and Barra (nudist), Santa Marta, Menduiña, etc.